This salaried position exists to design recreational vehicle (RV) products in a timely manner to satisfy marketability and manufacturability requirements.
- Suggest, develop and evaluate new floor plans and products ensuring all designs satisfy engineering parameters, industry codes and standards, state or provincial codes and standards, and Jayco quality standards.
- Participate in engineering projects regarding new products, feature designs and change requests.
- Embrace continuous product improvement initiatives, cost reductions, quality and manufacturability improvements.
- Document engineering documents to support ongoing administration and manufacturing of products.
- Communicate new designs and design changes internally & externally while maintaining good work relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology and 1-3 years prior RV or related work experience is preferred OR 5-8 years prior RV or related work experience in an Engineering or Design position.
- Must be proficient with Autodesk Inventor or similar a CAD software (such as Solidworks, Catia,etc).
- Must possess a strong understanding of plan design generation, modeling, documentation and design standards.
Necessary Skills & Abilities
Ability to design all facets of product using Autodesk Inventor or similar CAD software.
Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
Strong communication skills are required.
Manufacturing background preferred.
Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects efficiently while maintaining a positive attitude.
Ability to collaborate effectively in interactions with all organizational departments and functional teams.
Demonstrate a commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
- This position may require sitting, standing, working in front of a computer monitor in an office setting approximately 95% of the day.
- Requires ability to occasionally travel between field locations. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, or crouch; use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds.
- This position is a full-time position, which may require some flexibility in hours & days worked.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Remote work: not available.
- Supervisory responsibilities: none.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: