Factory Service Manager - Motorized
|Title:||Factory Service Manager - Motorized |
Purpose: This position exists to manage all services shop activities and personnel to ensure all repairs are completed timely and in a high quality manner to ensure that business needs are being met.
- Manages, plans, and assigns current work activities to technicians to meet established schedule commitments.
- Leads by making decisions, developing personnel, selects and trains new employees; initiating personnel actions (i.e., selection, discipline, etc.).
- Manages and monitor individual performance by checking work in progress.
- Secures additional resources to manage Service Shop backlog.
- Checks and approves all repair jobs completed in Service Shop.
- Performs a variety of special customer satisfaction related projects
- Follow and abide by all industry standards, regulations, and laws.
- Communicate and maintain good relations with manufacturing reps and customers.
- Assists Service Writers in determining customer needs and scheduling into Service Shop.
- Assists Warranty Technicians in determining best course of repairs for units in the field.
- Assists in pricing of all service and repair job estimates.
Required Experience/ Knowledge
- 5-7 years prior related experience is required.
- In-depth knowledge of the RV industry practices and service delivery standards.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of construction techniques for all types of RVs.
- Requires a thorough understanding of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration and electrical systems.
- Requires a thorough working knowledge of RV industry codes and standards.
- Requires the ability to use a wide variety of hand tools and test equipment as well as to instruct others in proper usage.
Necessary Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects efficiently while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- This position may require sitting, standing, working in front of a computer monitor in an office setting approximately 50% of the day and walking, standing in a service shop setting.
- Requires ability to occasionally travel between field locations. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, or crouch; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- This position is a full-time position, which may require some flexibility in hours & days worked (including Saturdays, as needed).
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.