|Title:||RV Service Technician II - Towables - weekly bonus & certification bonus eligible|
This position exists to diagnose, inspect, adjust and perform repairs and parts/component replacements on units in a timely manner within estimated hours while meeting predetermined quality standards while working towards RVIA/RVDA technician certification.
If you are interested in steady employment year-round, this may be your next opportunity. Factory service has been scheduled M-F 51 weeks a year for many years. Great technicians are always in demand & if you want to be a part of an industry leader, we would welcome you to the service team.
- Inspect, assess and diagnose required repairs and provide an accurate list of all replacement parts to parts procurement personnel.
- Provide a wide variety of exterior repairs to units (may include: repair or replacement of metal, walls, fiberglass, roofs, decals, etc. Grease and pack bearings, adjust brakes, repair & adjust axles.) Performs repair, replacement or adjustment services on RV frames (may include: repair, replacement or adjustment of RV frames).
- Provide wide variety of interior repairs to units (may include cabinetry, sidewalls, ceiling panels (including raters and insulation), lights, plumbing parts & fixtures, soft goods, floor members (plywood/blandex, floor studding, insulation), floors, carpeting, linoleum, trim, etc. Completes rebuild and slideout adjustments.
- Perform repairs or replacement of vendor produced appliances and systems.
- Perform repairs or replacement of electrical (12 volt and 110 volt), plumbing, LP components and systems.
- Perform safety inspection of all components & systems.
- Add comments or additional repairs to open work orders with accurate times and materials used in repair processes.
- May provide training to apprentices/lesser skilled service technicians.
- Attends rallies, service seminars, and/or makes field visits to facilitate unit repairs; provides training to dealer personnel/retail customers as necessary; and, performs inspections as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus 2 years applied trades training.
- 5-7 years related experience.
- Requires the ability to perform a variety of repairs on all types of RV products including knowledge of installation and repair of electronic control systems.
- Read and understand engineering prints and drawings.
- Forklift experience is desirable (Jayco training is required when forklift operation is required for position).
- Demonstrates analytical problem-solving skills while using good judgement and decision making processes.
- Critical thinking ability, problem sensitivity and inductive reasoning skills are needed.
- Requires ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions along with ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude through periods of adversity and disagreement.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with co-workers, management, customers and others to enhance organizational effectiveness and productivity.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools, cutting equipment, testing tools.
- Requires the ability to perform a variety of repairs on all types of recreational vehicle products.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- A skills assessment will be periodically conducted utilizing the Factory Service Technician skills matrix.
- This position may require working in extremes in temperature & environment while performing moderately physical activity.
- Requires ability to occasionally travel between field locations.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- This position is a full-time position, which may require some flexibility in hours & days worked (including Saturdays, as needed).
- This position is weekly bonus eligible.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.