|Title:||Maintenance Technician II - Process Improvement Fabricator|
This position primarily exists to safely and proficiently evaluate, fabricate, install, repair, troubleshoot and maintain fixtures from print or sketches. The position will assist in the repair of machinery and/or electrical/mechanical equipment, install new machines, and perform carpentry duties along with a wide variety of other higher skilled functions including, but not limited to, electrical hoist repairs, welding and fabricating, preventive maintenance, special projects and emergency repairs.
- Evaluate the safety, appearance, function and practicality of designs working with engineers, production personnel and others to determine feasibility.
- Review design proposals to anticipate production issues, develop alternatives, evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Routinely perform welding and fabrication activities (MIG, ARC, cutting, grinding)
- Perform start up procedures and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical equipment diagnosing a wide variety of electrical/mechanical equipment issues, dismantle machines and perform repairs, reassemble and adjust for safe and proper operation.
- Install new machinery and equipment removing old when changes are required.
- Repair, maintain and install HVAC systems making related adjustments.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain overhead doors, including operator, door panel and spring repairs/replacements.
- Installs, modifies and repairs air lines throughout campus.
- Perform carpentry duties.
- Perform minor electrical repairs.
- Paint structures & repair woodwork, drywall and plaster.
- Repair plumbing fixtures.
- May perform grounds duties including grading and snow removal.
Experience / Knowledge
- Demonstrates working knowledge of fabrication techniques, mechanical and facilities repair and maintenance.
- Requires 5-7 years related work experience and knowledge equivalent to a 2 year technical college education.
Necessary Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates analytical problem-solving skills while using good judgement and decision making processes to evaluate material selections for safety and durability.
- Critical thinking ability, problem solving sensitivity and inductive reasoning skills are needed.
- Must be able to read and work from prints/drawings & sketches.
- Requires ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions along with ability to interpret technical information.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills are required with demonstrated ability to communicate technical information in a cooperative manner to engineers, maintenance and production personnel.
- Requires ability to work in fast paced environment with a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Must display professionalism in all interactions and the ability to maintain a positive attitude through periods of adversity and disagreement.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects efficiently.
- Must demonstrate self-motivation and trustworthiness to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Must comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Good attendance is essential.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, or crouch; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- This position is a full-time position, which may require some flexibility in hours & days worked (including Saturdays, as needed).
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.