Continuous Improvement Specialist
|Title:||Continuous Improvement Specialist|
Purpose: An individual in this position is responsible for equipment design, research, documentation, digitizing cell layouts, cost savings reports, work analysis, feedback for purchase of equipment and fixtures in support of company operations.
- Provide support to assigned operational projects by:
- Investigate requested designs
- Verify need for requested item
- Responsibility for safety in both designs and interactions with others
- Create prints for fabrication
- Embrace continuous improvement initiatives; cost reductions, quality, and manufacturability improvements
- Work with fabricators and maintenance to ensure design quality
- Follow up on progress; update team/leadership as needed
- Follow company standards for AutoCAD, Inventor, and Sketch Up
- Perform current state of layouts
- Perform FMEA on designs to ensure highest safety standards
- Manage multiple projects and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely in front of large and small groups.
- Preferred (not required) Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in one of the following: Engineering Technology or Manufacturing Engineering
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of experience with LEAN practices and projects utilizing the following LEAN tools
- Problem Solving
- 8 Waste
- Prefer a background in an RV manufacturing or assembly environment.
Necessary Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Proficiency with operating AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, Sketch Up or similar software.
- Problem solver mindset for creating solutions and bettering processes for overall efficiencies.
- Ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment.
- Monitoring, evaluation, and time management skills to track people and process improvements.
- Strong technical communication skills are required.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation: (ie. assembly drawings, architectural)
- Ability to use and understand different measuring tools such as tape measures, calipers, etc.
- Ability to solve complex problems through data analysis.
- Ability to use good judgment in making decisions or recommendations.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in interactions with all organizational departments and functional teams.
- Demonstrate a commitment to LEAN practices and sustaining improvements to processes, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- This position may require sitting, standing, working in front of a computer monitor in an office setting approximately 75% of the day, and collecting data from a production environment approximately 25% of the day.
- Requires ability to travel between field locations.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, or crouch; use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- This position is a full-time position, which may require some flexibility in hours & days worked (including Saturdays, as needed).
- Regular attendance is required.
- Supervisory responsibilities may include managing CI Technicians and Analysts.
- Remote work: not available.
- Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.