|Title:||Summer 2020 Intern - Engineering Dept - Electrical Engineer|
We are looking for college students who are interested in summer 2020 internship opportunities in our Middlebury, IN community.
This position is a short term internship position providing support to the Engineering Team within the Electrical Engineering Group. All employees are expected to perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision, interact professionally with all co-workers, suppliers or customers and be a contributor on all work assigned to gain real world knowledge in the Engineering field and the Recreational Vehicle (RV) industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with all team members
- Designing and maintaining wire harness assemblies and electrical schematics
- Analyze, test, evaluate and provide feedback on electrical appliances, components, equipment and tools
- Troubleshooting and resolution development of electrical issues in the production environment
- Engineering Documentation Changes
- Product Change Requests (PCRs) & Engineering Change Notices (ECNs)
- Design of new products
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Candidates need to be:
Ability to work in team environment - functional and cross functional teams
Effective communication skills across multiple media platforms
Working with live electricity (both 12V & 120V)
Demonstrate technical proficiencies when working with:
Controllers and device based control applications
2D drafting (Autodesk Inventor or AutoCAD preferred)
3D modeling (Autodesk Inventor preferred, SolidWorks or similar programs also acceptable)
Electrical tools, such as a Voltmeter, Ammeter, Soldering tools, Crimpers, etc.
The Jayco Engineering staff expects that the candidates will be able to complete their tasks in an efficient time frame. A mentor will provide on the job training, but the candidate will be expected to learn on their own as well. It is extremely important that questions are asked and that projects are not completed on assumptions. Therefore, the candidate will be expected to ask for clarification when questions/issues arise or additional information is required.
The candidate should expect the Jayco Engineering staff to provide them with direction on their projects while still offering the opportunity for self-discovery. The candidate will be provided with a work environment that encourages team collaboration and appreciates fresh ideas. The Jayco Engineering staff will provide the opportunity to grow and develop modeling plus drafting skills as well as the ability to understand overall design intent. Each candidate will be encouraged to understand the relationship between design elements as well as the interactions between systems within each complete design. Through these projects and team functions, the candidates will be able to see how each role is important in building a foundation for not only a successful design and a well-functioning team but, ultimately, a highly satisfied customer.
- This position may require sitting, standing, working in front of a computer monitor in an office setting approximately 50% of the day and occasionally, working in a hot, humid manufacturing environment.
- This position is a 5 day a week job with 8 hour days. Start time will be determined in conjunction with the supervisor. Typical starting times are between 6-7 am.
- This position will last approximately 3 months. Internship start and end dates to be determined at time of offer.